Tuesday, June 4, 2013

1 Year! June 3, 2013


 
 
 



So I have no idea where to start this email but this week was pretty good for us. It was probably so awesome because I hit my one year on Thursday so that was sweet! And yes I did burn a shirt, but I took a video of it but i think my comp took pics so I`ll see if I can send those. That day was pretty fun, I put on my brand new shirt and socks (everything smelled like America) so I felt all new and clean. So then I wanted to celebrate and we went and bought some ice cream. I bought a banana split and spilled on my new shirt so hopefully Mama Tuli can work some magic for me there. Then we went over to her house later that night and I burned a shirt, don`t worry I didn`t use one of mine ha I used one of Elder De La Cruz`s so it was free.

Really I don`t have any cool or exciting stories to fill everyone in on this week. But we did have an awesome lesson with the Diaz family. Our Branch President went with us to teach them, only the second time in my six months here that he has offered to help, but it was great. We showed up with plans to teach the Plan of Salvation but instead we read from the Book of Mormon. We read 3 Nephi 11 with them. We pretty much shared the gospel of Christ after that focusing on the Atonement. It was an incredible experience. I got to share my testimony about the power that the Atonement has to clean us of our sins and change us to become the person God wants us to be. I dono why but during that lesson the Spirit was stronger than any other lesson I can remember. I ended up crying and so did Brother Diaz. I know that lesson touched him very much and it helped us both come closer to our Savior and Heavenly Father. I`m so grateful that Jesus Christ came to this earth to pay the price for my sins so that I can be forgiven, we are lost without his Atonement and sacrifice. I am learning to love this gospel more and more every day. This last year has been amazing and I can`t wait to see how the next one goes. I love you all and sorry this letter is short!

Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment