Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 14, 2013


Whats up everybody! How is everybody doing? I had a pretty good week down here in El Puerto. Not our best week with the numbers, this week was a little tough that way but we are excited because we just got told today that we do not have changes on Wednesday so we got six or actually five more weeks together to get some work done down here. I`m excited for the opportunity we have to finish everything we`ve started together and hopefully get a couple baptisms.

So this week we kinda just did our normal routine stuff. The big events for us was our district meeting on Wednesday and interviews with President on Thursday. I loved the District Meeting though, we talked all about personal conversion. Each missionary in our district chose a scripture that impacted them and deepened their own conversion so that was awesome to hear all these great guys and their testimonies of the Gospel. The scripture I shared, like I usually do, was Alma 37:35-37. I don`t know why that scripture makes such an impact on me, probably just because it really helps me understand the power of prayer and all the blessings that I have in my life. And then Thursday, the big interview with President, it was awesome. I first talked to Sister Glazier and we talked about planning and becoming a Preach My Gospel missionary. She had some great ideas and we set some goals for me to study more out of PMG so that was cool. Then I talked to President, we talked a lot about my goals. Our goals for our area these next few months and goals for the year, and then he kinda asked me about my personal goals for my mission and I wasn`t really expecting that. I told him that I wanted to go home in sixteen months a different person, completely changed and converted to this Gospel. Then I talked to him about my baptismal goals for my mission, and he helped me aim higher on those too. At the end he told me how much of a leader by example I have been to my companions and other missionaries that work closely with me. He said he is excited for me to come into leadership positions in my mission so I can better fulfill being a leader by example. Personally I hope to never have to become one of those positions ha, I don`t like telling people what to do. President has a way of making you feel like the best person ever though, it was a sweet interview.

Other than that, I don`t have anything really else to say haha so I`m sorry you are all freezing in Idaho right now. I went to bed last night and it was 92 degrees and I woke up and it was 85, so it did cool off a bit so I`m suffering down here too haha. Glad you all finally got your letters. And even more glad to hear there are some packages on the way. When I leave this area, I will send a package home since this place has a little more cool stuff. That`s all for this week though, stay warm, stay safe, and stay faithful!

Love,

Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment