Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 7, 2012


Hello mi familia y amgios!!!! All is well down here in Guatemala. The big news this week is our proselyting adventure we got to go on for three hours on Tuesday. They loaded us all up and drove us like 20 minutes on the highway in one of there awesome decked out Jesus rides is what they called em haha but we got off and I got my companion (we went on splits with a latino companion) elder Rodriguez from Mexico. He was a way sweet kid he was 20 years old and has a couple sisters. We didnt place any book of mormons though and just gave out some pamphlets. It was just the wrong time of day to be out tracting, everyone is working so it was tough. And we met a lot of people that are just Catolico and are happy with how their life is going so it was kinda hard. So we got two contacts. I basically just bore my testimony but i did give the first vision and like half the first lesson so that was neat. We talked to a couple cops so they were just holding machine guns and shotguns and pistols on their hip and were just like hey wannna hear an awesome message? ha ha it was fun and kinda discouraging too some people totally ignored us we would start headin their way and they would turn around and go inside or walk to the opposite side of the street. It was just like gosh dang-it people come on!! just listen to my bad spanish for a little bit and be saved haha jk.  Another thing it was sunny that day so I was sweating so freakin much my shirt was disgusting it felt like i just run a marathon or something. We walked through some sketchy places too a couple roads we went down the houses were...sad to say the least like just tin roofs paper thin walls just garbage everywhere and just dirty filthy poor it was pretty sad. Ok other than the tracting experience the week was pretty normal we taught our investigators again (just our teachers acting) but we are getting so much better! Now i can feel the spirit when i teach in spanish and i was able to give some personal experiences in some of our lessons i was just like sweet!! And we committed both of them to baptism on the 27 of July(remember this isn't real just actors) but still pretty dang sweet. I missed everyone so much on the 4th it was kinda a hard day for me just thinkin what i would be doin at home with the fam and friends and everything made us all kinda sad. But they made hamburgers for lunch and had a huge american flag and american decorated hat cake it was pretty sweet and get this kool aid!!!! Ah soooo good made my day ha ha. Today we had the market come and i bought two more corbatas so now i have 4 corbatas de Guatemala and they are sick haha. Last night i got some letters so thank you so much everyone that wrote me!! I think the letters were dated like the 25 to like 27 of june so that was like 2 weeks ago? kinda sucks but it was still great to hear from people! So thank you again that made my day! This morning we played basketball nortes contra latinos...we dommed em it was awesome I think i made like 12 shots and had a couple alley oops so that was fun and that's about it so far. this next Tuesday we get to go on a five hour tour of the city so were really excited for that ha ha. Alrighty now for the stuff at home! Thank you Trevor for buyin my truck she wont let you down!! ha ha it was a good truck, sorry the morning of the fourth wasn't the best for everyone but I'm glad the fireworks were together as a family. Family is so important i cant believe i took you all for granted so much. Glad the weather is finally nice and hot but sounds like there is a lot of fires everywhere not just in Idaho so that's not good i will add those people to my prayers too. Oh another great thing happened this week, I got full for the first time this week it was Wednesday lunch i believe and i had my plate and seconds and one of the hermanas gave me half her plate then i went back for like three of the rolls here which are amazing, so that was awesome i almost teared up haha jk. So yes send some stuff in the package granola bars is fine anything quick and portable that i can finish in one sitting so the ants dont get into it. There are ants EVERYWHERE they climb up the walls all the time into the ceiling i just look up at night and see em come out of the cracks of the ceiling and pray they dont crawl on me. I only got bit by one while i was sleeping so far so thats good, and yes im still takin the probiotics and vitamins so im not sick at all it s great h aha. sounds like josh cant catch a break hopefully he can get better fast. Umm..tryin to think what else i can add..oh we got our cameras today so ill try to take a ton of pictures here and at the temple...I think that all about sums up my week so i hope your happier with this email than the last haha I love you all so much and cant wait to see you again keep the prayers comin and God bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment