Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18, 2012


Hola mi familia y amigos!


It has been a pretty awesome, exciting, sad, and everything else week haha. I don't even know where to start. We are still teaching the two "investigators" if that's what you wanna call em they are really just our teachers acting but we had some pretty awesome lessons. We are goin modo de bestia on our lessons now! We can do our whole lesson in Spanish like no problem no notes or anything so that makes me feel pretty good but all of our lessons start out pretty rough cause our conversational Spanish kinda sucks haha but it's alright it'll come even everyone that's like 7 to 9 weeks say that they can teach no problem but they can't just have normal conversations, I guess you just pick that up in the field ha. Sorry I do not have my Guatemala MTC address yet we won't know until we get down there apparently since I don't have it yet. Kinda some good news about the kid that was goin to El Salvador, he can go to the Guatemala MTC with us he just doesn't know about serving in El Salvador yet so we'll see what happens there. Last night we had a fireside from um Sister Dew I can't remember her first name but she is the President of Deseret Book and a pretty amazing lady, she talked a lot about just having faith in Jesus Christ and the Atonement and using it, pretty awesome. Then we watched a movie about the building of the Salt Lake Temple and that was freakin sweet I learned a lot about that and I also learned the Provo Temple was built and completed while construction was still goin on in Salt Lake so fun facts everywhere ha. I'm kinda mad we're leaving tomoro cause they are having all the new mission presidents come in next week for training and stuff I guess you would call it but that means that general authorities are comin in so we'll miss probably two talks at least from General Authorities! How unlucky is that!? Ha maybe we'll get lucky in Guatemala and they'll come down for somethin but I dono. The yard and everything looks great! You guys are goin to town and workin your butts off I bet, dono how you're doin it! Hopefully Brandi will be able to have a good time at Girl's Camp sounds like it will just be good for her to have a little break since she is also workin so hard and probably hangin out with friends all the rest of the time. I can't believe you are running that much mom holy crap haha in our gym time I just play basketball (didn't get to play any more volleyball kinda mad bout that) but I'm like dyin after a good game of 3 on 3 it's pretty pathetic ha. And I only lifted once this week. It's hard to want to work out at night cause that's when we get to read all our letters and since I get like three times as many as everyone else I don't have time to do anything! But keep the letters coming it is so great to read em and see whats goin on with everyone! I wish I could write back every day though P day just isn't long enough haha. Um what else is happenin..everyone is way bummed I'm leaving tomoro ha they are all like who is gonna sing country or make us all laugh or quote movies with ha makes me kinda sad. Oh and grandma I did sing in Sacrament yesterday kinda a solo but not really, everyone who is leavin this week so like 11 people in our zone sang a hymn in Spanish cause that's all we sing but everyone sang way quiet but I was like screw that so I sang way loud and low. haha I looked up like halfway through and everyone is just lookin at me and afterward a bunch of people came up and said they'll miss my voice ha. I'm gonna miss all the great guys I became friends with here, they are way awesome don't worry Mom I took lots of pics so you can see who I'm talkin about ha. And they all feel bad for me cause it will just be like me and my companion from my district and they all know he is a sweet spirit we're just different is all haha. But I'm just like dangit now I don't wanna leave this place yet! We got some email from El Salvador but guess what it's in Spanish so we gave up tryin to translate after the first sentence ha too much time. Oh I also heard this week that Josh Turner's album is like the greatest thing ever so if there is a song that is even remotely religious on that album SEND IT TO ME!! haha you have no idea how much I miss music, shower time is karaoke time haha pretty awesome. That's too bad about Kurt I'll remember him and did you get my card Dad? Hope I didn't spoil the suprise in the email but I sent a card, that's about all I can do..and call home tomoro!! Around 7ish I'm assuming but just charge the phones and strap em to your hip alll night ha cause I'm not sure. I got some pics with my two teachers Hermano Sanchez (born in LA but his mom is straight outta El Salvador how crazy!! he said they (salvadorans) are some of the fastest Spanish speakers..great) and Hermano Hallstead he is a freakin stud, there is no spanish word for stud I looked it up, but he's awesome after our last lesson with him he called Hermano Sanchez and just told him how awesome I did with my Spanish and it's unbelievable how much I've improved. I guess they never call each other and it was like 10:30 at night the day before a big test so it's pretty awesome he did that! Really boosted my confidence level ha. All the addresses are awesome! Keep em comin I'll have to write them I guess cause I haven't gotten a letter from any of those three guys ha has Braxton gotten his call yet?? I don't really know what else to say so I'll talk to you all next week I guess, Hasto Luego! And Happy Father's Day Dad!! I love you! I love all of you and miss you more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment