Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March 4, 2013












I can´t believe how fast this week went by for us down here, it feels like just yesterday I was emailing you guys. But we had a good week full of work and not so full of great numbers. The mission isn´t about numbers though, the Lord knows how hard we are working and if we are doing our best. Last week started out super fast for us. Our P days...kinda not much fun. ha ha we send our email from the stake center every P day and our stake center is about an hour and fifteen minutes or so from our area. So about two and a half hours every P day I´m stuck on a stupid bus. Then we had to do a bunch of new stuff for my comp cause he is new so he doesn´t have much to eat in the house so that basically took up the rest of our p day. Then Tuesday we had our stud member help us out, Hermano Lopez, we visited a ton of less actives and walked for forever but it was a great morning. Then after that we had to study for like four hours so only taught a couple lessons after that nothing too spectacular. Then Wednesday we had to go to the capital for immigration stuff for my comp cause he is new. So that took about four hours of the day as well, but there I did get to see a bunch of missionaries I haven´t seen in awhile. I saw Elder Reynolds, friend from the MTC in Guatemala, and Elder Scurr again! It was sweet to see those guys there.

 

The rest of Wednesday was spent at Angela´s house preparing a few more things for her baptism and then going to members´ houses trying to invite them to come to the baptism. Inviting members to the baptism of Angela was basically our back up plan if anything fell through, a lot fell through this week so we ended up visiting mostly members. On Thursday though we did find a new investigator family, they are married and have two kids a one year old and a three year old so that was awesome. And they are super positive, but they weren´t home when we passed by their house to pick them up for church yesterday. Friday just ended up being a lot of walking for us though, didn´t have much luck finding people or getting into houses.

 

But finally Saturday saved my week haha. We got to the church at 7:30 and filled up the font and then waited for a bit to go pick up Angela. Once we got back to the church we waited...and waited....and waited some more, finally at about ten we got started with the service. There weren´t too many members there, so I felt kind of bad for Angela, she needs the support of the members. I got to baptize her though and I´m pretty sure she was smiling while she was underwater. It was a way neat experience to help her realize the blessings of the Gospel. I am sure she will stay active, she does have a lot of friends her age in the branch down here and on Sunday she got her Temple Recommend to go do baptisms. So she is way excited to go later this month and visit the Temple! That made my week a lot better and helped me feel like I accomplished even more than I actually did haha.

 

Other than that though, Sunday was a slow day in church. I thought it was gonna be the second Sunday in a row of not having all three classes because there was no water, but we were blessed with a miracle because we got water halfway through testimony meeting. We only had 39 people in church on Sunday, it was a little frustrating for me because I worked harder this week than I have in my mission so far I´m pretty sure, and I didn´t see many fantastic results. There was the baptism though!

 
 
 
 
 

Sunday night we got to eat dinner with the family that gave us turtle eggs, and this time they gave us some other weird thing to eat. Basically it´s sushi of El Salvador...I don´t see it ever getting outside of El Salvador because well it wasn't good. haha. I don´t know how to describe it, but it definitely has the texture of rubber and tastes like I dono just imagine fish guts haha. That was basically my week though and now i gotta go I love you all so much. And thank you for your prayers and your letters I´m still getting. KEEP SENDING LETTERS!! I love hearing from everyone. You are all in my prayers and I hope you have a great week!

 

Love,

Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment