Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17, 2012


Hello from El Salvador!

 
How is everyone doing? We had another hot, great, hot, fast, and hot week down here in El Salvador. I honestly walk down our road to go out for the day and my shirt is just soaked, and then we get into people's houses and it's mostly just tin roofs so it gets even hotter in the houses. But I wouldn't have it any other way, I love this work. I will never be able to repay my Heavenly Father for the blessings I receive and the knowledge that I learn from the scriptures and other experiences I have every day.

 This week we had a huge week planned. Our goals were 42 lessons total planned so that includes investigators with and without members present and less actives. Friday and Saturday were our biggest days, and our hardest and most discouraging. Saturday was Independence Day for Salvador and everyone forgot to mention to us that is the worst days to proselyte and find people. And all of the celebrations brought the worst in one of our investigators again. We had a two o'clock lunch planned with Julio on Saturday, it was gonna be a huge barbeque with burgers, hot dogs, chicken and whatever else he had. But we showed up and he wouldn´t answer so we waited a while and went back, still nothing but we found his wife and she told us he was drunk and probably just didn't wanna talk to us. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met but he just can't seem to get over this. He needs to have as much faith in himself as we do. But those two days we had 19 lessons planned and only taught 8 lessons, and we never miss lessons...never. So that was pretty discouraging, somehow we were still able to meet the numbers of excellence for the week though. Our other investigators are doing great though. By the end of this week we should have 5 investigators with a baptismal date within the next month so hopefully that all works out too. But Mario and his dad (the kid we found bus preaching) they are both way receptive and turns out the dad is a member of the RLDS church or something but not active at all, and he just said that he "likes everything here better and it feels more right" so that was awesome news!   But they love learning about the church and hopefully they're gaining a testimony of these things as well. So overall our investigators are doing really good!

This week we had stake conference too, and it was sweet! We got to hear from the Stake President and some of his counselors and then our Mission President and his wife! So the talks were great and I understood almost everything so that was also a plus haha. A lot of the talks were about persevering to the end, I can't remember how to spell that, and being a true convert to the church. Those are probably my two favorite topics besides missionary work ha. But they were great and just made me realize the importance of always progressing in the church. And actually our zone conference which was two weeks ago was about those same topics so I'm kinda thinkin there was somethin in there that I need to learn so I'm trying my best to do that.

 I don't really have any good stories from this week, we found a huge frog yesterday, like huge twice the size of my fist ha. Some cockroaches in the house..Oh this week we had great water pressure for like four days. The water was just gushing out at a blistering 10 drops a minute so that was nice. And last night we had a golf tournament (El Salvador Open with sponsors from Missionary Mall, CTR clothing, Paper mate, Agua Cristal, Pop tarts, and Kodak haha. We played with a paper football and on a par five course. I shot a 91 so one over par ha I'll send some pictures of that. But other than that not a whole lot happening.


I love you all and pray for you always, remember to be thankful for everything you have in your lives. Learn to love the scriptures if you haven't already.

 
¡Que Dios le bendiga!

 Love,

 Elder Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment